Wednesday 21 December 2011

av a laf Blog.

Photograph Quiz:
Photo no. 69:- Searching through a pile of old stuff this weekend I found this certificate. Now Blog, for what event was it awarded?
Blog …. So I found the above certificate. Surprisingly this was not my first competition. That was at my dad’s works sports when I was about seven years old. The significant part of the proceedings that I remember are 1:- the lanes in the sprint races were separated by a long length of string supported by stakes … of course I later learned that that was the way actual races were set up! The second memory was watching the slow bicycle race. This was really upsetting. Really. I am not joking Blog. Why you ask? Well firstly all these kids of my age actually could afford to have bikes. And the bikes were all new and shiny.
Now Blog, I would hate you to think that I was not one to enter into the festive spirit, so here I go  …. You’ve got to laugh, haven’t you? HAVEN’T YOU????????
So
       Sudoku ….. the sprint





















1






























































       Sudoku ….. the marathon

2




1














1














1


















1














1





1







And now a crossword for you to try on Boxing Day
                                            B*G***
Six questions to pass the party time …..
1.      When you’ve had too much to drink on Christmas Eve, what do you hear ringing in your ears?  B****
2.      What jingle do you hear on Christmas Day when Father Christmas is delivering his presents?
3.      On Christmas morning a peel of *e*** is not uncommon?
4.      Complete the saying ‘Hell’s    *   *   *   *   *’
5.      The name of a well-known whisky. ‘Whisky **l***’
6.      When the brandy sauce on the Christmas pudding catches fire and the conflagration spreads to the Christmas decorations and then to the Christmas tree before the curtains and the furniture are consumed, what sound do you hear as the fire engines get closer and closer?
Answers
1.      Bells of course. Obviously, Bells.
2.      The sound of tills ringing in the supermarkets.
3.      Peel of LEMON .. as in what you put in the Christmas cake.
4.      ‘Hell is it Christmas Day already?’
5.      Whisky Galore
6.      You hear the sound of ‘I told you to not put so much bloody brandy on the Christmas pudding.’
If you score more than two correct answers Blog, you badly need to get a life!!
                         Colin

2 comments:

  1. You hear the sound of ‘I told you to not put so much bloody brandy on the Christmas pudding

    ReplyDelete