Friday 19 September 2014

Independence

Photograph Quiz.
Photo no 235:- Why was this pub in Earlsdon Coventry so important to not only Coventry Godiva Harriers but to Small Heath Harriers as well??
Oh dear me Blog … Today is the big day – the declaration of the final result which will affect me and my wife for years to come. It is all over at last. Yes or No. No or Yes. I was sick of it. Six weeks ago the pressure started to mount. My wife and I could not agree; first we argued amiably but of late, the debate became fierce and in the interests of saving my marriage and my sanity, I submitted. A victory for female emancipation. She won. No contest in the end. The curtains arrived, made up and ready to hang. I may have said before, that the cost was stratospheric. – a set of curtains for the living room  or a second hand car. When I wrote you some weeks ago, I foolishly claimed that the car has won. Boy was she angry when she saw that! She didn’t seem to believe me that it was just my little joke. It took her a couple of weeks for her to stop burning my faggots and gravy but at least I can eat my dry toast in the kitchen in a smoke free environment. She says that if I promise to get the curtain rail up before Christmas, she will start cooking proper meals for me again. I promised I would.
                       Colin
p.s. She did not say which Christmas and I had my fingers crossed anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment