Tuesday 13 October 2015

Coventry Fun Run 2015


Picture Quiz:-
                     Go on Blog, guess who??? Nice picky what, courtesy of the Coventry Telegraph.

 
Dear Blog,
                 Long time, no moan ... so to counter balance that situation, pin back your lug holes mon ami. Je pence that is a bit of froggy stuff for 'mate' et 'I think', I think??? I could be wrong???
                 Just over a week ago, my daughter was entered to take part in the Coventry Fun Run, a three mile run around the city form the War Memorial Park to the War Memorial Park. She was to take part pushing my disable grandson in his wheelchair along with a dozen or so other pupils from his Special School. They were scheduled to start at 10am just outside the park on the tarmac, while the main Run was pencilled in to commence at 10:30 on the grass inside the Park.
                 Gets there in good time and get all the school numbers, but no official knew anything about the early start or the different start place!! Great!! After a great deal of fuss and the kiddies being kept in the cold shade of the early Sunday morning, it transpired that the start was to be 10:30 immediately before the main start. So 10:30 comes and goes, as does 10:31, 10:32 etc.. You get the picture Blog??
                 At about 10:41 or 2 or 3 .... sorry Blog, I was losing the will to live by then  ..... they set off. My daughter starts off with my grandson and fully expects the main field to start passing her soon, after all the two starts were on about 300 yards (metres to you Blog) apart. Did they get passed??? Oh no they didn't. No, not anywhere!!! I assume the main Run might have started at 11:00, but hey, who cares??? Except for a blind bloke running by himself having started at the same time as my daughter, my daughter and my grandson were passed by no one and won the wheelchair event with only this blind bloke way in front!!!!
                They were told that there was a presentation about 90 minutes later so besides having to wait 45 minutes freezing her tits off for the start, she was expected to hang about with her son for another age and a bit. And him needing a feed. I don't think so after all we are talking about a disable child here, are we not?
               Oh yes, and they won a cup which was promised in a day or so .... or 10 or 20????
             For an organising company which may have been employed by the Rotary to run the event, I may be wrong Blog, but it leaves a little to be desired. Do you want to buy my shares in the Company, Blog??? Yours at a discount!!!
                                Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment