Friday 17 June 2011

Joe Bloggs

Photograph Quiz:
Photo no. 28:- OK OK. A flask is a flask is a flask and nothing but a flask so help me .... But why does this particular flask reflect how out of touch the athletic officials were to the needs of marathon runners in the 1970s???
Well, well, well, Bloggie, you’re a bit of a dark horse aren’t you? A real cool dude? A sheep in fox’s clothing! I went down to the athletic club last night to do some quality interval trudging on the hills around the university, when, in a passing conversation, a fellow trudger mentioned that there were lots of Blogs about. Well, I don’t mind telling you that this came as a bit of a surprise; a bit of a shock to the old thought cortex. Back in January when you wanted to become my friend, you never mentioned that you came from a big family, not that it was of any consequence. You have said nothing about them since either, which considering all the time I have spent telling you about my exciting life, is a bit disrespectful, don’t you think? A bit of a give and take is called for here but you’re giving nowt an’ tekin’ t’all. I hope I am not offending you, if they are not your relatives do forgive me for making that assumption!! Putting the cart before jumping ship? If they are family, do they run? What distance do they do? What standard of trudger are they?? Are they in a trudging club? Are there any little Blogs? I got my daughter to check that 10 Power thing but she couldn’t find a single Blog listed. That Power thing, if you don’t know, is like an eye spy in the sky recording you’re every movement except it’s not in the sky, it’s not an eye and it only records what you do when you do it when you run and then it only records what do when you run if you run fast enough ... which means, a bit of a trudge slips under the radar sort of thing, if you know what I mean. So does that mean that all the Blog family are trudgers like me?? Or do you have the odd jogger or two in the family?? Anyways, we didn’t find a Blog on the 10 Powwow site so I looked in the local telephone directory, and there are no Blogs in there either. It’s Blogless. Does that mean the Blogs are ex-directory? Or does it mean that they do not live in Coventry? Where do they live? In the telephone directory there was Blogg with a ‘gee, gee’ but they own a livery stable near Meriden, which is a one horse town  just outside Coventry. I must confess that I did gogglise you to check the name Blog, Blog. But I drew a bit of a Blog blank. I found a Joe Bloggs, but he seems a bit of an ordinary bloke, just a typical muggle but dressed up to the nines. Perhaps I have misunderstood and like a fool, I assumed that Blog was your last name, your surname. My intentions were good. Is it your first name? If so, what is your family name .... I’ve realised that I don’t know much about you, do I? You are like a latter day nameless Marie Celeste, you are. On the other hand, I may have got everything completely wrong. My mates down the club could be taking the proverbial Michael, taking the piss out of me, do you think?? Taking me to the end of the pier and launching me into the briny? Sending me up the creak with only a paddle? I’m sure they wouldn’t. Or are you unique? The one and only Blog? Now that would be something, wouldn’t it?. ‘I am the one and only ....’
Still sticking with the charities for a bit ... got another £100 last night. So don’t forget, I’m still collecting the odd copper or three for both charities Tiny Tims Children’s Centre and Newlife. I’ll have to close soon or they will think I’ve done a runner .... and we both know I only trudge don’t we Blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There I go again, confiding in you, and do you confide in me????????? Not on your nelly. Lots of questions with no answers. Do I ever ask you a question or two and then never give you an answer?????
                                Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment