Friday 24 June 2011

London Olympic Tickets

Fantastic news Blog. Unbelievable .... I am speechless. I am over the moon, the whole of the moon.
Do you want to know the good news first or the bad news. O.K., the good news ... it's incredible. Do you ever believe that someone in that great somewhere does look after your interests?? Well, it is time to boogie. It has been announced that all Olympians will be assured of a pair of tickets to watch their particular event. Can you believe that? Joy. Two tickets to watch your own particular event. Those Olympians from the ’48 Games will get theirs free, the rest of us will have to pay. So? Two tickets. I’ve got wind in my heels, you know how it feels, I am left dumbfounded. Of course, as you may know dear Blog, I ran the marathon in Munich in the 1972 Olympic Games.
Now for the bad news. Somebody is having a laugh ... the bad news is that the marathon in the London Olympic Games starts and finishes on the streets of the big city. It goes nowhere near the stadium. Sooooo, I get two bloody tickets to stand on a drafty street corner of a London street. GREAT!!!             
But then, you never know, I might get an offer I can’t refuse.
                                  Colin
PS Just got another £162 for my charities Tiny Tims Children’s Centre and Newlife, thanks Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment