Wednesday 7 September 2011

Where have all the young birds gone? Long time passing. Where have all the toung birds gone? Long time ago. Where have all the young birds gone? Gone a trudging every one.

Photograph Competition:

Photo no. 45:-   What is this all about???

Dear Blog,
                A dilemma …. I started writing to you in January, because I thought you wanted to be my friend and I thought I could earn a few quids for my two charities for disabled children, Tiny Tims Children’s Centre and Newlife while trudging around d the streets of London. Oh yes, while I remember, I also raised a couple of hundred quids in addition to the £1700 by selling some athletic memorabilia on e-bay, though that didn’t appear on the Just Giving account as it went directly into the Charities’ Fund!!! Anyway, as I said, writing to you as a mate, I thought it would produce a few Quids. The London has long gone and the fund per sec has closed though one of my daughters has taken up the torch so to speak and is running with it in the Coventry Half Marathon to raise money for Tiny Tims Children’s Centre, any quids from you Blog, are welcome!!!. So the dilemma …. Do I stop trudging???? What will I do with all my spare time if I do? Do I try to Trudge London again???? If I stop trudging do I stop writing to you? Will you be heart broken if I do??? I need to make a decision??? I suppose I could make a big push to finish my magna opus, as they say in the trade, ‘The History of Athletics in Coventry and District with reference to Coventry Godiva Harriers in Particular’? I’ve a few funny tales to tell you about some of the incidents … might get around to telling you them if you promise not to pass them on. The answer to the photo quiz is:- it is the first ever club handicap, the cards cost 4/6 to print but the cost was covered by selling enough to entrants and supporters at 6d per card andso started Godiva’s obsession with money and their fight to survive financially; a recurring theme throughout the club’s history, many other local clubs folding because of the lack of a stable financial footing!!!
In my last little communication to you, Blog, I mention the swallows … well a little bird must have warned them about the weather cos they’ve gone … so have the swifts from the barn up the Lane … and so have the house martins from the school eves. So that’s it, winters coming, get out your woollie undies Blog!!
                                                Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment