Sunday 5 February 2012

Marathon Training Tip number 12 ........or 2321??

Photograph Quiz:
Photo no. ??:- Why is this medal unique? What new era did it herald for Coventry Godiva Harriers? Who won it? How many quids did it cost me to buy on e-bay?
It’s been a funny couple of days Blog. Really strange.
Friday:- am Sub zero. Road. 5 mile struggle.
Saturday:- am Freezing. Road. Trudge 3 mile.
                  pm Snow flurries. 5 mile frozen ground. Ankle breaking stuff.
Sunday:- 5 inches (12 cm to you Blog) snow. 5 miles going through the motions. Slowly through the motions.
Now here is the point Blog. A TIP, number 12 me thinks? Can you believe that I saw a group of athletes trying to do a session of repetitions this morning? Slipping and sliding in the snow. But they were doing repetitions. The good book said repetitions, so repetitions it must be. I know the coach must have arms and legs full of badges, and he obviously knows what he is doing, but I ask you???? Does the coach with arms and legs full of badges look at the weather forecast ever? I know we spend more than the national debt of most Third World Countries on our weather service and they are really are pretty hopeless with their predictions, but most of the time, they are heading roughly in the right direction. Today the weather men and ladies tell us that we will have a prolonged snow melt and by tomorrow the temperatures will be on a steady rise which will continue for the rest of the week. So, being in a generous frame of mind, let us assume that they are about 25% correct; the gist of their combined wisdom is that the snow will melt and it will be getting warmer. So why would a coach with arms and legs full of highly qualified badges from all the courses attended, have a group of athletes doing repetitions in 12 centimetres (5 inches to you Blog) of snow; risking injury to hamstring, adductor and abductor when, in 24 hours that risk of injury will be lifted because conditions for a decent session will be vastly improved. ‘We did the session because the good book said so’??? I give up. So the tip is Blog. Think about the session. If the weather is not good, there is no harm in postponing the session for a few hours. LOOK AFTER YOUR BODY, USE YOUR HEAD. The coach isn’t always right.
Now Blog. Your attempts at my number quiz have been pathetic. PATHETIC with a capital ‘P’. So, as you seemed to have concentrated well with my thesis on the Olympic Rings, as a reward, I will lead you through the brilliance of my solution and extension to my number quiz of a few weeks ago. Recap ….
1
11
21
1112
3112
And the bonus …211213
However, I am sure that it will stretch your intelligence as I know that you have trouble understanding me at times. I do confess that I too have trouble understanding me at times. To cope with my opus maxima, I want you to do a bit of mind expanding exercises. A bit of Geller, stuff. Long Slow Deliberation. LSD, if you know what I mean. It will help you no hend. You willy fund that the sumssis dead simply. I’lll givy to you a flew days to riddy yourself . Member …. Long Slow Deliberation. Thinckle LSD. Thinbk two thousand three hundred and twenty one ………
                                             Colic.

No comments:

Post a Comment