Saturday 10 March 2012

Inter Counties Chapionships 10th March 2012

Photograph Quiz:
Look at the Coventry Runner web site (whatever that means, but I have been told that is what I have to tell you to do!). Click Blogger (though why they should be naming something after you Blog on a shop web page, I don’t know …. Are they giving you free kit or something???) and there you will see a photo.
Photo no. 85:- On the photo, who is the fairest of them all???? Pretty self-evident I would have thought, Blog?
Dear Blog,
      Missed me?? Sorry for my long silence but I have been ssssoooooooooooooooooooooo busy this week. Busy with a capital ‘B’. I have probably had the hardest, longest knackeringest week since I retired from Quids earning nearly twenty years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday:- Cold wet miserable and my 8 year old grand daughter didn’t let me beat her in the Centurions 2 Kilometre Fun Run. And worse …… she kept splashing me as we went through the puddles. Splashing me!!!!!!!!!! Not fair, nor fair at all. Have kids these days got no respect for their very elders? Turn the page Colin. Not to worry.
Monday:- I was so knackered at the end of the day that I forgot to take my tuttie pegs out when I went to bed. I was too tired to get up to put them in the smiley jar to clean overnight so I tucked them under my pillow. Surprise, surprise …………. When I got up in the morning I felt under my pillow for my tuttie pegs and found that the tooth fairie had paid me a visit. How exciting. She had left me £3:42 for my tuttie pegs. £3:42 for my set of falsies. That was the good news. The bad news is that it will cost me £130 at the dentist to have a new pair of dentures made because the tooth fairie took my tuttie pegs with her.   
Tuesday:- Long trudge in the dark with efforts. Efforts Blog. Get that Blog. EFFORTS. Efforts with a capital ‘E’. I saw in the press that the IOC are getting a bit touchy about their Olympic Rings and their use thereof, by, with or from!!!. Where did you see it first Blog???? This Olympic ring business. From me of course. Any time now, the Corsa Whatsa will be in touch with me for details of my Olympic Rings expose. [How do you get a grave little / over the ‘e’ in expose Blog????]
Wednesday:- The good news is that the charity for disable children TINY TIMS CHILDREN’S CENTRE has not only got Five places for the BUPA GREAT NORTH RUN but have also got Five places for the Great Birmingham Run. The only condition for both is that you pay £50 for the place and promise to raise £50 for the charity for disable children TINY TIMS CHILDREN’S CENTRE. The bad news is that I haven’t heard from you as to whether you want us to trudge together or not. Get a grip Blog, are we singing from the same hymn sheet or not??? Get in touch. Or if you don’t want a place, you must know someone who does? A snip at £100?
Thursday:- Are we reading from the same page Blog, or not?? If you take up one of the places for the charity for disable children TINY TIMS CHILDREN’S CENTRE and cough up at least £100, I will chuck in a bit of help with your training for the event!!!! And at no cost. How’s about that then????? Again went for a long trudge in the dark, but still knackered from the work I am doing.
Friday:- Another knackering day, in bed for 8.30 pm. 8.30pm I kid you not Blog, 8:30pm!!!! When I was trudging fast, I never went to bad at that time …. 6:30pm, perhaps, 7:30pm yes! But 8:30pm. Comeon Blog.
Saturday:- Inter Counties at Cofton Park ...................
                                 Colin

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    For some reason I cannot contact you (maybe because I am an inexperienced user).

    To discuss your suggestions please contact me under friedrich.fritzer@gmx.net.

    ReplyDelete