Monday 10 September 2012

Paralympics ... Channel 4

So Blog, Two weeks away from home and I am back. Yes, I have been down to London again for another Olympic dosage …. And to tell you the truth Blog I am fed up with all the expense. When I decided to buy these special stamps things depicting the Olympic Gold Medallists so I could put them on the envelope to you so that you did not feel left out and you would have something to treasure in many years to come, I DID NOT expect so many winners. It is costing me a bloody fortune. The stamps are costing me more than the camping fees. The stamps are costing me more than the tickets for the Games, including my free tickets. I am spending more on stamps than food. I have just about covered the national debt of most third world countries. I think it most inconsiderate of these athletes who cannot be satisfied with a single Gold Medal. But get two … or three. Which means two stamps  .. or three. Selfish they are. Don’t they ever think that the general public have to actual go out to work to get enough quids to buy these stamps. I will tell you what Blog, it is worth buying a few shares in this Post Office business; coining it in they are. Quids in. So, as I said, I have been down in the Stadium, watching the events come thick and fast, several different disciplines going on at the same time. I came back home before all the Paralympic Events had finished ….. and what do I find? I’ll tell you what I found Blog. I am sick to death of watching Channel 4. The Channel 4 is driving me crazy. You just get interested and they interrupt the presentation yet again. The flow of information is going along nicely, and what happens? I’ll tell you what happens Blog? They interrupt the adverts with another short clip of the Paralympics. I am just about to make a life changing decision about insurance or which new car to buy, and there is another Paralympic clip for a few seconds or another inane discussion in the studio. I am only grateful that these Paralympic clip things are short and sweet, so I don’t lose the thread of the adverts; I would hate to miss out on the latest bargain at my favourite supermarket because some bloke was trying to chuck a juggling stick at an official. Last night I was settling into the intricacies of my hair care to get that fine silky effect that I crave for when I had to put up with yet more murder ball competition. I am going to find the name of Mr Cameroon’s new Culture Minister johnnie and write to him in the strongest possible terms. It is no wonder that standards of education are falling fast and pupils cannot concentrate in class; it is because students are watching all this Channel 4 nonsense, subliminal training in short attention span. It would be much more beneficial for the kids’ educational prospects if we were able to have an uninterrupted programmes of adverts. Get the old grey cells really working that would. I think I will add a ‘P.S.’ to my stiff letter to Mr Cameroon’s new Culture Minister johnnie suggesting that we introduce a few channels on the television service that does nothing but advertise goods for sale. I don’t know why no one has not thought of the idea before. Seems blindingly obvious to me. I think we should go into partnership together Blog, and set up such a channel. We could call the programmes ‘BLOG IT!’ Now is that a good idea, or is that a good idea???
                                                  Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment