Friday 26 October 2012

Was I correct or was I correst??

Photograph Quiz:
Photo number 123:- Everyone knows this iconic picture of Bannister breaking the four minute barrier, but have a Bash at guessing the name of the official crouched down with the pipe in his mouth and Pear into the past to name the Godiva athlete who competed on that night!!
 Dear Blog,
            Can you believe that the local council, Coventry, have been given £6.4m for cycle  paths … how many miles is that??? Now, here is the conspiracy theory. Will they use it to repair / resurface the bits of the potholed roads which the cyclists use or ….. When the council was given a great wad of quids from the government for the development of the North East of the city, to improve some of the brown fields sites for housing etc., etc., some of the cash, £90,000, but I could be wrong, was diverted to the Coventry Half Marathon promotion over three years on the grounds that a given percentage of entrants was from the North East of the city and the half marathon provided them with the opportunity to improve their health by jogging 13 odd miles. Is that stretching a point or is that stretching a point??? Now to continue in the same vein …  a little drunken dickie bird suggested that the council were going to use a large wad of quids of the £6.4m to complete the city section of the cycle path between Nuneaton and Leamington which just happens to follow the same route as the  route proposed in the year 2000 for the rapid transit system between said Nuneaton and Leamington which was not considered financially feasible when the credit crunch kicked in. Interesting or interesting??? Is that stretching a point or is that stretching a point???
Did I tell you Blog, that the Olympic legacy would involve the athletics sports sponsors losing interest after the Games in one of my letters to you about five or six months ago? Was I correct or was I correct??? Check it out!! Did I tell you Blog, that the Olympic legacy would involve the athletics top coaches losing interest after the Games and going elsewhere in one of my letters to you Blog about five or six months ago? Was I correct or was I correct??? Check it out!!! Did I tell you Blog, that the Olympic legacy would involve the athletics being lumbered with the sports financial problems after the Games in one of my letters to you about five or six months ago? Was I correct or was I correct??? Check it out!!!! Did I tell you Blog, that the Olympic legacy would involve the sports having problems with volunteers losing interest after the Games in one of my letters to you about five or six months ago? Was I correct or was I correct??? Check it out!!!!! Did I tell you Blog, that the Olympic legacy would involve athletics not being able to cope with the influx of keen youngsters after the Games in one of my letters to you Blog about five or six months ago? Was I correct or was I correct … well I am not sure but watch this space!!!!!!!!!!
                                             Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment