Thursday 31 January 2013

Midland Cross Country ... again, again, again ...

Photograph Quiz:

Photo no. ?? Stone me Blog. Do you have any idea where we are with this numbering malarkey??? I was invited to give a talk this week. I look good even if I have to say it myself. What was I ask to speak about? Where was it? How much did I raise for the charity for disable children ‘Tiny Tims Children’s Centre’?

  Back to the Midland Cross Country Championships Blog ….. there is an on-going query about a competitor in the Midland, but pending a conclusion, I will mention another two similar matters. A parent who should know better turns up to a championship with child in tow to be told said child was not entered as the appropriate notice had not been signed by him in time for the entries to be sent to the Midland officers. Angry parent suggesting forcefully that the club should get itself organised. He was unaware of the irony in what he had said. He then colludes with a team manager and both not only allow the said child to run in someone else’s number, but it was in someone else’s number from a different age group in a different race; luckily the numbering of each age group was independent and no number was duplicated during the afternoon!!! Any race organiser can appreciate the utter confusion that this would cause the result collators and the production of race results. Luckily the Midland Counties relied on chip timing with the numbers used only as backup. The photographic evidence was used to confirm the misdemeanour. The parent still did not understand what the problem was. The sport obviously needed organising ‘properly’.
Two runners cross the line together in a medal position and the finishing judges are unable to separate them. Question => What to do?? Award both a medal. No Way Baby. Look to see which athlete had the faster chip timing and award that athlete the medal and tough tittie to the other athlete. Good Idea Baby. That seems to me to be a gross miscarriage of justice. Am I correct Blog, or am I correct???
I had the experience of travelling into the city to visit a bank during the week. Question => Why can I visit a betting shop (which I don’t) or order an item from Argos (which I don’t) and the pens provided can be used without difficulty by the great unwashed public? I visit a bank and the pens are chained to the desks. The qualities of the pens in the banks seem no more valuable than those in Argos or Betfred. Where is the trust … oh yes, because the banks are always on the financial fiddle, they must suspect that all their customers are as well? And why are the chains attached to the bank pens so short that you have difficulty signing any document? With all the quids the banks make at our expense you would think an extra couple of inches (centimetres to you Blog) would not reduce too much from the managers’ yearly bonus. Did you notice my cleverly slipped in pun, Blog. Is their no limit to my literally genus, Blog?  
And have you noticed Blog that they are all at it …
Can I interest you in life insurance?
No thanks
Can I interest you a new credit card?
No thanks.
Do you want a top up.
Not just now.
Do you want cash back?  […. They never give up …. ]
No thanks.
Do you want to change your account?
No.
Do you want information on a high savers investment bond?
No. Look here, I only came in for a couple of pork chops for our evening meal. In future I shall go to a different butcher, thank you very much.
                And it’s down to the club tonight for another trudge. On Tuesday, I saw three foxes … can I beat that tonight I ask myself, Blog.
                                  Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment