Wednesday 15 May 2013

The National Health Service is not sick.

Dear Blog,
              Funny couple of days …. Yesterday when I trudged the sky was clear and blue without a cloud in sight. And so quiet! Out for nearly an hour, I think I saw three cars. Mind you it was before six o’clock. My body clock is still locked into all those early morning runs either before work or to and from work. It was always the case that in summer, with light it was no problem to get up bright and early with the dickie birds; but in the dark, in winter it was always a struggle. The dickie birds were still fast asleep and they didn’t half take some shifting out of their nests … Back to yesterday => 6am a wonderful day to look forward too. Then fast forward the clock, twelve hours to 6pm. Freezing cold and blanket rain. To trudge or not to trudge, that was the question ….again!!! 
               Today ... a story. Would I lie to you Blog? Well today, I might have met someone I knew as a kid and who now might be a very, very important person in the Health Service. I don’t think there are too many people in a higher position than the very,very important person I met; I could be wrong, Blog. Let me embroider the story some more. A close relative of this very, very important person in the Health Service could be quite poorly, very poorly in fact (fiction?) Anyway, said person might have confided that in the past few weeks, much time and vast amounts of energy had been spent trying to arrange a care package; and much time and vast amounts of energy had been spent trying to get doctors to talk to each other about the poorly relative. Trying to sort the health care out might have proved to be very frustrating for the very important person. And, WAIT FOR IT, he might not have realised that the Health Service was like this at the point of delivery. Blog, do I kid you????  And the question has to be asked that if one person in a high place was so out of touch with a reality for which he might or might not have been responsible, how many others who operate the various delivery departments of government wear similar rose tinted spectacles? Makes you think. Might have made all that up though. Who knows?
                                Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment