Tuesday 6 August 2013

Mr and Mrs Brock go for walkies

It’s a funny old world sometimes Blog. As I may have told you frequently in the past, I have a tendancy in the summer months to wake up early, mainly I suppose because I have never got into the habit of drawing the bedroom curtains; they are left undrawn, even in the winter. As a consequence, I suspect the first glimmerings of light are enough to rouse me from my slumbers; as a do not often go back to sleep, I get up …... wandering down the Lane litter picking, I never get any strange looks at 4:30 in the morning, because no one is driving up or down the Lane at 4:30 in the morning. The point being, I get up early and am used to it. (Bear with me ……) For a couple of months now, I have been getting holes dug in my extensive network of lawns around my estate. The Head gardner thinks they are caused by rabbits, but my estate is pretty well rabbit proof, and the small cylindrical holes about three inches deep (10 centimetres Blog) don’t look like rabbit excavations. When a bunny wants to dig a hole, then a bunny digs a hole. No messing .. eat your heart out Mr Wimpey.* On my early morning litter pick, not a bunny have I seen. HOWEVER (read on, the excitement is beginning to mount). The security light and alarm went off at 3:15 am this morning. As I was wide awake I got up to see what had been the trigger for the security system to kick in. Out of the window, I saw the hole diggers, contentedly digging away, wholly n oblivious of me. Two of them. Not bothered by the light. Two badgers. I watched them burrowing around for ten minutes. Now, there has been a sett at the bottom of the garden for as many years as I can remember but none of the local plebs has ever seen the residents. The bloke who has the fields full of horses on the next estate down the Lane has a brief recording he made with a light sensitive camera lasting about 0.00003 milli seconds and that is it. Methinks, Yorick, I will skulk down there tonight to his horsey fields and engage him in chit chat and drop the fact that I have seen the badgers. yahoo matey boy. Before my trudge this am., I gave a wonderfully entertaining talk about ‘The History of Coventry Godiva Harriers and Other Clubs in the City over the last 140 years’ and Tiny Tims Children’s Centre, the charity which provides treatment for disable children, will benefit from the cheque the listeners were kind enough to donate. So far every talk I have given has been met by a request for a follow up lecture …… surely they ALL can’t feel that sorry for me??????????? Colin * I have to say I am rather proud of that one Blog, is it not clever or is it clever clever?

No comments:

Post a Comment