Saturday 10 August 2013

Where have you bean?

Photograph Quiz:
Photo no 163:- Who is this Godiva athlete Blog? I haven't a clue. All I know is that he live in Dordon, Warwickshire. My problem is that his style of kit seem to pre date the Godiva club vest by quite a few years.... HELP.
Dear Blog,
        I can now trudge around the country lanes and get hay fever directly from the grass verges without trying …  the Council have decided to denude all the verges at the side of the roads and country lanes after leaving them to grow all summer. Cutting them now seems a shame – the lanes look bare so aesthetically a bit of a disappointment – also with the roads sides obscured and vision on corners greatly reduced, the usual fast traffic did show signs of greater care on the narrow lanes, but now we are back up to speed. Once again, trudging becomes a dice with death on some sections of the country lanes …..
     I had the pleasure of watching a kiddies programme on Friday afternoon. It was rather an exciting programme about gardening and plants; it was rather well done. BUT. My enjoyment was spoiled somewhat when they introduced Colin, the bean. Colin, the runner bean. At first I had to smile at how appropriate it was – Colin the runner. How did the producer know I was going to tune in to watch with my grandkids??? I suppose my wife must have forewarned him. Anyway, Colin the runner bean acquitted himself rather well I am pleased to report. The kids thought it quite funny, granddad being a bean. But as I said, my pleasure was cut short when grandma pointed out to the kids that it was not Colin the been in granddad’s case, but Colin the has bean!!! Just wait until she sees that this week’s housekeeping allowance has bean reduced, then we will see who’s the clever cabbage around here.
   I have just spent a week catering for myself – all trudging and cooking. My cook and bottle washer has bean away for several days in Devon. Everything in the vegetable garden has gone crazy, growing at a rate of knots (so sooorry Blog, I have to confess that you have got me there … what is the metric equivalent of knots??? I bet those Johnny Foreigners have not thought of a word?). The beans have gone mad. Runner, broad and dwarf. So it has bean  self-catering been style. You should have seen the been stews I created! Delicious. It was been with every meal. I am thinking of a Recipe Book, “Colin Cooks” or ‘Being in with Beans’.
   Off for a very quiet trudge in the verge less lanes.
                                                            Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment