Thursday 22 May 2014

European Parliament Election Results 2014

Photo no 203:

Question:- Why were the cycling troops so important to Coventry and Godiva???
So today is election day … and today my electricity bill arrived. It is huge. And do you know why Blog. Well I will tell you. It is all because of this election which is today.
The election is for my Local Councillors and my European Members of Parliament. I honestly don’t know which of these clever people to vote for. Every time yet another leaflet falls through my letter box, I am swayed in a different direction. Weeks ago when this leaflet lark started, until I made my final decision, I decided to be totally impartial. To implement this decision of mine, I decided to display each of the posters which fell through my letter box on my windows so that the hoi polloi from the village would not know what my politics are – not that it is any of their business anyway - not that they are allowed onto my estate to get near enough to my mansion to see my windows. But one has to put up with these trades people types, the postman etc. and they do gossip and will inform the villages of what I am up to.
However, when I decided to be impartial and display all these images, I failed to realise how many of these johnnies wanted to represent my interests. With all the posters plastered over my windows, it is so dark inside my mansion that I have to have the electrical light bulbs burning 24 /7 as they say. Costing me a bloody fortune. Hence my huge electricity bill which arrived this morning through my letter box. I tell you Blog, tomorrow morning, as soon as I find out which of these fellows has been elected, I am down to his office to find out just what he is going to do to reduce my electricity bill. If I am taking the trouble to vote, the johnnie who is elected, is jolly well going to earn his crust!
                   Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment