Tuesday 13 May 2014

Tell all your friends Blog!!

Photo no 201:

Question:- What is the name of this street, which may be the new start of the London Marathon (see below)
Dear Blog,
                  THE news … and don’t forget to tell all your mates that you heard it first from me!!! It’s like this … the Tour of Italy has just started in Belfast. Blog I kid you not – check the sports pages in the newspapers! The Tour of France is starting in God’s Own Country in Leeds later this year. Blog, I kid you not – check the sports pages in the newspapers! So what is my NEWS I hear you ask. Well on April 1st next year (2015) the London Marathon will start in Bradford. Blog I kid you not –check the sports pages of the newspapers! The organisers have yet to work out the fine details; details like how do you get the runners to finish in London. But that is a minor detail compared to the exciting news of the Bradford start. I guess the organisers will have the field running up hill and down dale, but that is my speculation. And of course, the organisers might have to extend the length of the race a little bit. So what. In the 1908 Olympics, the organisers extended the length of the marathon a little bit, and look what happened. It became the internationally recognised standard distance for the marathon. So this is the chance for the Tykes to contribute to the classic distance.
Roll on April 1st next year. I cannot wait to see Mo Farah’s face when he runs through Milton Keynes and they tell him he has not yet reach the half marathon distance!!! Perhaps he will enter a race in Bradford, Leeds, Doncaster, Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham, Coventry, Northampton, Daventry and Milton Keynes later this year to see how it feels to get to half way???  But that is my speculation.
                                               Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment