Monday 11 January 2016

Warwickshire Cross Country Championships 2016 results


Photographic Quiz.
 

Photo number:- eight

Question:- So which running club did this man belong to? Did he become interested in running because his dad was a club coach? How much satisfaction did he get from his running?

Dear Blog,

                  It was the Warwickshire Cross Country Championships for 2016 on Saturday at Warley Park in Birmingham. (ish) Nice Park, much bigger than I remember it to be the last time I ran here .... in a Birmingham and District Cross Country League race in about 1968. Blog I kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nearly 50 years ago. Stone me, hardly any one there on Saturday was born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In those far off days we stuck to the muddy perimeter paths. Unfortunately on Saturday, with acres of good running to chose from, the officials selected a stretch of pathway of about 200 yards (200 metres to you Blog) of roughly crushed quarry waste for the runners to tackle on each of their laps.

Not fair.

The runners injure themselves and then have to spend quids getting treatment.

Not fair.

The runners smash up their spikes on the rough hard surface and have to spend quids getting new spikes.

Oh go and draw your pension Colin. No one is bothered.

                                                          Colin

P.S. Here is one of him I was given in 1965 or 1966. I did have one of him in his club vest but I cannot find it for you Blog. The copy was given me by a club mate (an old chap who had lots of his photos, medals and cuttings) whom I stayed with at the time
 

No comments:

Post a Comment