Friday 8 November 2019


BIRMINGHAM CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE 2019 November 9th

Photograph 2016:-


If me and my sister weren't training to become latter-day E.T.s, what were up to?
(If I had had an education I suppose I would have written, 'my sister and I' but I never talked proper until I went to University - I certainly felt like a male Lisa)


Dear Blog,                                                                                                                                                                 Bonfire night has come and gone and I didn't have a repeat episode of setting the house on fire.


                Double standards are alive and well I am glad to report in cross country running.

AS I UNDERSTAND IT BLOG    …  although I must admit that I have been know to very occasionally get it wrong????
At the respective Midland Women's League AGM, which I attended, and the Birmingham Cross Country League AGM which I didn't attend, there was a lot of discussion about venues especially focussed on the Ladies not being accommodated at some of the men's leagues, parking being an issue … read the women will get there first and take up all the parking spaces before the men arrive??
Most fixtures were resolved as to venues but I got the feeling of anti feminist sentiment was alive and well. in some quarters.
Very late this week the Division 1 Birmingham League lost their venue because of the weather conditions rendered the course extremely wet, so much so that long term damage would be done by so many runners (men only of course- it being one of those fixtures that couldn't quite cope with having the fairer sex tramping over the parkland before the men started.)
Panic .. no venue for the men …..
Fair enough, some officials did a sterling job to arrange for the men to run at Coundon Hall Park in the morning before the women in the afternoon. All hands on deck to set up the course for the men.
Interesting to observe that this course can accommodate an extra race (men) and how all are rallying round to help (the men). So the men are going to turn an already very wet course into a quagmire for the ladies before the ladies can start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me thinks that the men's officials  would have of course rallied round if it had been a ladies' league that was cancelled and they would of course let the women run before the men started [stone me, another pig has just flown over ..)
The proof is in the pudding … will the men on Saturday be accommodating and after they have raced, will they shift the course over by 10 metres to give the ladies a decent surface to at least start their race on, or will they just bugger off …………………. Watch this space ………………….

I could be wrong. My facts are in correct. I am talking through my rectum. Sorry to mislead you Blog. But there again ……
                                       Colin


               S 
                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment