Sunday 21 August 2011

Save the planet

Dear Blog,
Well now, things are getting interesting. Trudged about 12 this morning  ... why??? Well tempted I am to have another race trudge!!!! Why??? Last week in the local newspaper a piece appeared about one of my children’s charities suffering from the local council’s ineptitude. Tiny Tims Children’s Centre is losing business because the local council planners have scheduled road repair works in such a way that the centre is virtually cut off ... parents think that the centre is closed, therefore there is a loss of business, therefore there is a drop in income and the number of treatments that the Centre are able to offer disable children could be reduced. My elder daughter is so incensed by the stupidity of the council that she has entered the Coventry Half Marathon and will be running as a charity runner to raise funds for Tiny Tims Children’s Centre. So Bloggie, hows about a quid or two???? My other younger daughter will also be racing .... so tempted I am!!! As the race passes my front door as I have mentioned before, I’ll be there in the garden, hiding behind one of my bushes waiting for a few to go past the gate and then I AM OUT THERE ..... a world ½ marathon best for 66 year olds could be on the cards. Snakey What???
                                       Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment