Thursday 14 June 2012

nowt like a nice cup o' tea

Photograph Quiz:
Photo no. 103:- Who is my neighbour? What race is this? What happened to my neighbour in the race? Why do I remember it so well? Clue for you Blog … nothing to do with my neighbour!!
Now to tell you the truth Blog I was a bit upset this morning. My wife has had a badly swollen knee for a couple of weeks. Luckily it does not interfere with her wifie duties, the cleaning, polishing, baking, washing, ironing, gardening, wood chopping, window cleaning, digging, car washing, my tensies, my elevensies, my afternoon tea and all my other meals although she does struggle a little bit when she brings me my morning cup of tea in bed. I told her not to bother bringing me up a cup and saucer of tea in a morning if she was in pain climbing the stairs. A mug would do. I am not that inconsiderate. I’ll tell you what Blog, this knee thing is getting her down a bit. And I’ll tell you what Blog, this knee thing is getting me down a bit with all her moaning and groaning. So she rang up the doctors for an appointment. Did she try to get one for me and my bad back. Oh no. It was self, self, self. It would not have taken too much effort. She got an appointment straight away. No problem. I said to her, ‘that’s your nice Mr Cameroon for you. You want a doctor’s appointment then Mr Cameroon is the man for you’. So she went and got some pills. While she was there, did she tell the doctor about my bad back? Oh no. It was all knee, knee, knee. She was a little late back and I was wondering if she had forgotten my elevensies. She made it for four minutes past eleven, so I forgave her as I did not allow her the use of the automobile for the two mile walk up into the village. Petrol hasn’t come down in price that much, I told her. I said, ‘the walk will exercise the knee. Do it good. Get the old juices flowing about amongst the cartilage gristle.’ So it took her a little longer than usual to hobble back. And then, do you know what Blog? You could have knocked me down with a ten bob note. She refused to share with me the pain killing tablets she had been proscribed. I was more than put out I can tell you. I am sincerely thinking of trimming her household budget next week, I’ll tell you straight Blog. I said, I had paid into this Mr Bevan’s National Health thing all my working life and my father before me, and just because I have been retired for seventeen years and my father has been dead for twenty two years, does not mean to say that I am not entitled to a pain killer or two. She went off in a right huff. I had to get my own chocolate wafer biscuit out of the tin. She didn’t consider the pain I was in reaching up into the cupboard. She went off down the garden to turn over the pile of manure I have prepared for the marrows. I told her not to take her moodymoods out on the manure pile, and to use the fork not the spade. I want good vibes down there when she has to plant my marrows.
                                           Colin 

No comments:

Post a Comment