Thursday 29 November 2012

This little birdie went to market, this little birdie became roast beef!

Photograph Quiz:
Photo no 116:- First a clue … this is a photograph of Alma Street, Coventry taken in 1908. Now => What were the rooms on the top floor of the houses on the right, nearest the camera, originally used for? In 1908, one of Godiva’s runners returned to the club and lived with his family in the fourth house along the street. What was the family surname? Which club had he just left? Which relative, who lived with the family, was a National Champion? What did the family use the top floor for? That is, what conversion did they do? What academic institution now occupies the site?

And for you blog, here it is ….. how have you contained yourself? … another poem by Colin
When a runner named Colin came last,
He conceded his racing was past.
So at his advanced age,
He went on the stage,
And found his life’s role had been cast.
Now is that not clever Blog, or is that not clever????
My knee is chronic,
So, another poem by Colin, Blog you do not know how lucky you are ….
I hate the effing Budgie,
I blame it for my knee.
Catch it, pluck it,
Stuff it, cook it,
Serve it for my tea.
A tasty little toothful but,
Not enough to fill my gut,
At least the carpet’s clean once more
No effing bird shit on the floor.
I am told by a little birdie (not that fecking Budgerigar) that you have gone into print again and are at present sending your Gestetner copies around the UK, to the U.S of A, Albania, Australia, Austria, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, China, Columbia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, and Ukraine. Is it true that most of them get in touch on a very regular basis? I am both surprised and impressed, Blog, I kid you not.   
I hope I haven’t missed anyone out, let me know if I have, please, because the little birdie who told me was twittering along so fast it was almost incoherent. If you were to get in touch with your mate in North Korea again, I would be impressed. Do you translate what you send or do they all understand? Some bits must be complicated because when I write to me I don’t understand what I have written half the time and I have to ask my Butler to explain; he’s Double Dutch you know, his mum and dad both come from Amsterdam, you know … and do you know what Blog, I missed winning a boat there by half a second when I ran in their marathon. Blog I kid you not … would I lie to you? If I’d have won it, I could have claimed a refund on my return air fare back from the air line, so I was gutted. But looking on the bright side of life, dum, diddum, di, diddum, dedum I might have had a few problems tacking my way up the M1 motorway in my newly acquired boat, sailing close to the wind against the flow of traffic? I must confess to you Blog that I don’t understand what your friends see in you as I find you a bit of a bore. Correction, for ‘bit’ read ‘complete’. Still each to his own, I suppose.
It must be costing you a fortune in stamps. Has that nice Mr Cameroon given you a rise in your pension? Or has Bill Ague given you a grant to foster foreign relationships??? Trust a Man from God’s Own County to come up with the quids.
At least I can steam off the stamp I get on my occasional letter so I can write to you. Am I jealous or am I jealous of your popularity???
Today’s milage: Zero, again, again again. I did walk from the bus, past the Cathedral and University to the Studies Centre ….350 metres??? Time taken 13 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blog I kid you not.
                                Colin                              
 

1 comment:

  1. If you don't trudge you will get fat like a cat

    ReplyDelete