Sunday 21 April 2013

Virgin london Marathon 2013 results

Photograph Quiz:











Photo no. 147:- This is another of my Installations, Blog. There is a valuable prize for guessing the title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was one of my first Kinetic Installations on my Estate. Each year the local village has a fete, one event included in the week long activities is to have a garden walk. The local yokels are allowed to salivate at the gardens of their superiors. Good experience for them. Let’s them see what they are missing. I allow them briefly onto the Estate so that they can admire what I have and they haven’t. I feel it incumbent on me that, as one of the village’s dignitaries, I should support the Garden Open Day Invitational Visit of Allesley residents, or Godivas as it is known in the City of Coventry. I allow them to gaze in envy around some of my Estate. And the highlight of their visit is my Kinetic Mobile which I turn into an Interactive Eexperience for them, i.e. I employ one of the estate gardeners to dismantle and re-erect the Installation as appropriate during the afternoon. I charged the local yokels one quid to view. Last year I got more quids from the Local Yokels than I paid my gardener to do the Inter Acting Installation stuff. With the excess quids, I filled the green bottles for my wife as a small celebration of that nice Mr Cameroon’s small business scheme which gave me the idea. It also meant I had fresh bottles for this years Installation. Clever or what Blog? 
         Back from London yet Blog??  Did you run in the ‘London’? No? So did you watch it on television? No? Neither did I!! I went for a trudge. Tell me Blog, why oh why don’t the British runners run any faster??? It is so depressing. And what are our great leaders and coaches with arms full of badges doing about it??? Sod all??? Do they care?? It seems so obvious to me what they should do. But being badgerless, what do I know? I had little or no talent. Period. All I did was run hard. All by myself except for Sundays when I first moved to Coventry. I ran to and from work, partly out of necessity. And when I had managed to save up enough quids to buy a mini-van, I did supplementary sessions on grass in the various parks around Coventry. But I was organised. Well organised. And what I did was carefully planned. When I met my future wife, who also ran, planning our training had to be even more carefully organised. Clothes had to be left at various places on particular days during the week to facilitate training. Each day we met at different locations around the city to enable us both to arrive there after work at about the same time as our training was ending. With meticulous detailed planning out first second or third session of the day would have been finished by 6.30pm at night, leaving us a whole night to live a ‘normal’ Life, with a capital ‘L’!!! So. She was able to win the Midland 800m title, win a gold National cross country team medal etc, doing this routine, I was able to gain selection for the three major Games doing this routine. Neither of us had much talent but we were organised … we didn’t go down the running club wasting a whole evening, we didn’t train with other runners doing what they wanted to do for a session, we certainly didn’t train together and we were not obsessed by thinking, eating, drinking, breathing running 24 / 7 as they say!!! Perhaps a few ideas for the armful of badges brigade?? Perhaps more about this later Blog, if you are interested.
       If you have finished this year’s London Marathon in one piece Blog, what you should do in the next few days, the sooner the better, is to think about your race and preparation and write down five things that you did wrong in the run up to the race to enable you to improve next time. The last time I trudged London, I noted down … remember this was a run with the sole purpose of raising money for the two children’s charities for disabled children, NEWLIFE and TINY TIMS CHILDREN’S CENTRE, (1) should have done a couple of short preparatory races rather than no races at all. (2) I should have tried to have experienced a race with other people around; remember Blog, most of my races prior to this were at or near the sharp end of races where the number of runners around me were thinnish on the ground. Running the ‘London’ within a crowd was upsetting ... bumping, cutting up, runners streaming passed were newish experiences. (3) try to avoid the long time spent prior to the start stuck in a crowd of runners freezing my goolies off …difficult one this to solve!!! (4) Stick to a pre-race plan ie pace, and ignore what was going on around. It was so long since I had raced a distance race that I had forgotten this basic principle!!!!! (5). Sweat on raw skin is uncomfortable and irritating so don’t shave on the morning of a race … and that includes the lady runners!!!
                                                                         Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment