Monday 13 October 2014

Discus discussion.

Photograph Quiz.
Photo no 242:- This picture is of the British All Comers record holder (set in 1951) for the Discus. Blog, I could ask you his name but you would never guess. Never. So… the name of the Discus thrower is Tosi !!! Blog I kid you not. Just check the old record books if you do not believe me.
Dear Blog,
                The students are back at University. Coventry is awash with them. Coventry University students crowd out the city centre, Warwick University students crowd out the highways and byways of Canley. Yes Blog, Warwick University is not in Warwick but is built in Coventry!!! It is a long story as to why; I must have told you before Blog.
             On Thursday evening, I went out for a trudge from the Godiva Harriers clubhouse which is built next to the Coventry Track on the Westwood Campus of Warwick University. Because it is getting dark so early I would be returning to the changing rooms in the gloom, I wore my luminous jacket so the traffic could see me and take careful aim. I know I am going slow, very slow BUT … I gets to the first set of traffic lights and a couple of students grab me by the arms and asked if I wanted Help to get across the road!!! I thought I was being mugged at first but then realised that the students were just being polite. I think they must have been foreign because they did not do any of the things I suggested they should, it was in the heat of the moment on my part.
           I did get my revenge on the student population later in my trudge when I overtook a large group of freshers out for a training run. Passed them all I did, Blog I kid you not. O.K. so they were going in the opposite direction, but I still passed them.  … and it wasn’t on the other side of the road like what Sam Heriton did.
                                                    Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment