Monday 6 October 2014

Take a pill ...

Photograph Quiz.
Photo no 240:- In about a month, I am going to give an amusing talk to these school kids. Which school did they attend? What will my stunning talk be about? How old are these kids now???
Dear Blog,
    I see that the health service is introducing a nasal spray for the winter annual flu jab rather than a jab from a needle which many dread. From experience of the polio jab etc. and having two less than happy children who had injections whilst at school, I know how relieved many parents will be at the prospect of a quick sniff rather than a pointy prick. Well do I remember the elder one kicking and screaming and almost getting hysterical when it was polio time at school … and she was only getting a sugar lump!!! Blog, I kid you not.
  Saturday was depression time. It was the National four stage road relay (women) and the six stage relay (men). Why I hear you ask Blog, is this a depressing experience? Firstly … Godiva men were invincible when I were a lad but now the club’s performance is not too hot; this implies no criticism of the lads that run but it definitely is of the ones who can’t be arsed to turn out in the red and gold vest or those who believe they are God’s answer to road running and travel miles and miles to run some race which they have no doubt been told by one of the athletic magazines is unmissable … and please remember to bring many quids to enter. They are guaranteed a not-to-be-missed rubbishy goody bag as their part of the deal! As for those club athletes who prefer a Park Run in the morning rather than a run in the afternoon for their club …. Sad??? I say no more as I only have a limited number of asterisks available for you Blog.
  But there is worse Blog. Worse. Much worse, would I lie to you Blog. The oldies are all there in Sutton Park to view the runners not running as fast as they did many eons ago – well at least most are. Some have fallen off the end of the allotted span. Others look ancient. Why do you think I never look in a mirror Blog? Months of guessing where I need to shave, months of wondering if the parting in my bald spot is straight, months of speculating if my false teeth still fit, months of hoping that I still fit into my kit and look smart are all to no avail when I see an ancient colleague hobbling towards me with a toothy grin. I cannot look as bad as he does …. Surely????
                  Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment