Saturday 8 November 2014

BBC Today programme

Photograph Quiz.
Photo no 245:- I am attempting to write another history in a peculiar way. What has this medal to do with it you may ask Blog. So, ask yourself what this medal has to do with it!!!
Blog,
Best faux pas for years which I have been waiting for one of the radio cum tv satirical programmes to highlight. But it is another case of do as I say and not do as I do, protecting one’s own I am afraid!!! So in the absence of the BBC self-flagrante … two weeks ago, Sarah Montague was interviewing at length a lady who was grossly overweight to the extent of 40 stones, Blog I kid you not. Not surprisingly, the lady was confined to bed, and needed a hoist to get her out of bed. The interviewer spent a disproportionate amount of time discussing her weight, her girth and mental state as she attempted to slim down to something like 15 stones. She was called Mary Waters or similar I think. Montague concluded the interview by summing up the weight and size of the lady rounding off with ‘That was Mary Waters talking about her dimensions – er, I mean her dementia.’!!!
But we have all been there haven’t we Blog???
Spent a frantic three weeks recording a flood of information given to me for ‘The History of Coventry Godiva Harriers and other clubs in the city during the last 140 years’. You wait ages for one bit of info to come along then four come along together. Some very good stuff as well. I am not complaining, the more information I get, the more grateful I am. Some serious thought has to be given as to how to get all my history out to the plebs, as an MP might say. I said to you Blog, before that a book is a nice idea but financially out of the question as it would require lots of quids for self-publication and the number of copies needed to be sold to break even would be considerable ….. watch this space Blog. A bit of sideways de Bono thought needed I suspect????????????
                                                                                         Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment