Monday 10 November 2014

Nuneaton Art Gallery and Museum

Photograph Quiz.
Photo no 246:- This gentleman was portrayed on the wall of Nuneaton Art Gallery and Museum display when I visited on Sunday! Who is he you ask Blog? Well, who is he …..
… via the Museum I am hoping to find out more about him and his wife who both rode for Godiva Harriers Cycling Section before WW11. From my records I have found some race results and some background information, so watch this for further developments. I tell you all this in my letter to you Blog, because on 9th November 2007 the following appeared on the Coventry Godiva Harriers web site
‘A comprehensive history of the Coventry Godiva Harriers is in the course of preparation, and is being compiled by Colin Kirkham.’
Of course it would be interesting to see another note or two … but as nothing much seems to affect what has been set in stone, I shall have to just concentrate on writing to you Blog to keep you informed. Several articles of History Information to you I have already sent, tell all your friends to join in the fun and I will find ways of new information getting through to me. Meanwhile I shall continue to spend many quids buying back Godiva’s history from shops, e-bay and auctions!!!!!!!!!!! Blog I kid you not. Many quids!!! Very many quids!!!!!!
                                             Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment