Sunday 21 June 2015

blood doping revisited


Photographs

Photo CCXV:- coco building or HQ of Renold Chain Company in Coventry .... why important to athletics in the cuty???

Dear Blogski,

                    P.S. Still on the subject of drugs taking ... mentioned recently to an athlete that I could see no difference between a big black bloke having served a ban for doping and then continuing to race with the media tag of 'drugs cheat' every time he competed and a reasonably pretty blonde haired white girl who can afford to live at altitude and camp in an altitude tent in her bedroom who is a media darling. Same result, different pathway??? One big black and bad, the other bimbo blonde and good??? The athlete said not a word!!!

Would it not be interesting to re test all the old samples from athletes taken over the years???  It might reveal a few interesting outcomes and perhaps ruin a few careers??? Glasshouses and stones????

                    I was dragged up to believe that 'owt for nowt w reet gud an if the got brass as well that w gudder'. When I was old enough to think for myself and act independently, the action of someone helping out of the goodness of their heart, expecting no reward except for knowing that they had done good, never failed to raise the hairs on the back of my neck and induce an acute guilt feeling. Something that had to be cauterised. Similar feelings arise when I am given an item. Even now.

                   Three weeks ago I was given a greenhouse by an oldish lady who lives in the village who was finding it hard to cope with utilising the glasshouse. And so it came to pass in the fullness of time that I made a donation to Tiny Tims Children's Charity to enable me to sleep at night. I now can sleep the sleep, the sleep of the dead!!!  

Tiny Tims Children's Charity provides help to disable children.

                   Sleep is interesting as a social phenomena don't you think Blog. Thousands of quids are spent by people to enable them to sleep ... I have said before and I will say it to you again Blog, the only reason they don't sleep is because they are not tired!!! Elementary my dear Holmes. And another reason is that we are animals, and like all other animals we are subconsciously aware of dangers lurking in the dark when we sleep. And like animals we have to be alert even when asleep ... so if you are not completely knackerated, any slight sound will act as an alarm call. So I say unto you, go forth to make all the pill peddlers redundant and go for a long walk to tire you out ... or much better still, come round to my Estate and help dig, weed, prune pick, clip, cut, saw, chop .... much healthier and much cheaper and make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Don't forget to leave a donation for the free advice for Tiny Tims Children's Charity in the box by the Estate gate at the end of the drive as you leave. And don't forget to put your shoes back on.

                                                        Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment