Friday 24 November 2017


Coventry Road Death revisited

 Photograph no. 6 m.e.:-


Question:-  This is an important photograph in the History of Coventry Godiva Harriers, but do you know why, Blog??? Needless to say I know all the names of the Godiva runners in the photograph, but what is the event which is about to take place?? Where was the photograph taken and when??? What is a Polytechnic Harriers doing on the photo??

               And now, THE $64,000 question for which I may just give a substantial prize ... what is the name of the dog???? I know, but do you Blog????

Dear Blog, 

                  I told you last time about the upset of the badger being killed ... well I don't know if it is the young bucks vying with each other for the top job of Boss of the Sett or whether it is the start of the mating season or whether it is a bit (lot??) of both but the badgers ain't half kicking up a racket in the early hours each morning. I need all the beauty sleep I can get if I am to look at my best for next weekend and the noise of all the bickering is not helping.

                 Part of the 'spec' for the top job must be to demonstrate to the rest of the Sett settlement who can plough up the most grass on my estate. The little (big??) sods have found another way into my extensive grasslands and have started competitive digging. I assume it must be an open competition from the extent of the damage. If this continues, I will be able to plant all my vegetables directly into the freshly dug ground next spring and forget all about rough digging and preparing my usual patches for cultivation?? Also I have yet to find where the little (big??) sods are getting in!!

                Gardening Question:- If it takes a male badger, a female badger and a baby badger three  and a half hours to dig 12.62 square metres of my grassland, how many hours will it take two male badges to dig the same area of my grassland?

                 Answer:- No time at all because the first three bastards have already done it!!

               Must stop now Blog, it is time for my pills.

                                               Colin    

No comments:

Post a Comment