Monday 28 October 2019


      October 2019 Warwick University and a bit of walking ..

Picture Quiz:-
                     As you know Blog I am very much in to Athletic History contrasting the fortunes of a famed Midland Harriers club with those of a Northern counterpart, the former prospering while the latter founded although both were influenced by the same forces of philanthropy, industry, education, immigration and emigration, politics, both big 'P' and little 'p', etc. so....


When?? Where?? Why a special date??

...… and to show you I am not a total meanie, Blog, I will give you a clue .. 'I used to run past these building to and from work - Blog I kid you not!!'



Dear Blog,
                Boy what a weekend. Saturday it rained very hard and part of the estate grounds were flooded as usual …. the Environment agency still assure me that a) our part of the village does not flood and b) because the Agency has our telephone number in the unlikely event of a flood, the officers will be in touch with a warning of immanent ingress and advice. So another un likely event has passed with not conversation on the telephone with no advice!!!! The local yokels have a meeting in the village scout hut next week with the Council and the local environmental officers to be told of all the preventative methods which have been put in place since the last flood. I shall go Blog, they do a reasonable instant coffee and a supermarket ginger biscuit. As my good lady bakes all our bread and cakes, I never have a chance to sample what the working classes eat, so I shall pop along just for the experience and to repeat my advice to the officials which I always do. However, I shall inform them that I am committing the advice to face mail so that in future all I need to do is instablog it to them and I needn't bother to rub shoulders with those frightful village types.
              On Sunday, I did my bit for the community by acting as marshal for the Midland Race Walking League. What an experience that was. The University of Warwick had closed the main through campus road and inadequately signed (or rather not signed) the diversion so the quiet road used for the race became a dangerous race track for all the Huber drivers from Wolverhampton who descend on Coventry to pinch the local trade from the Coventry Black Cabs and Taxis. And do Coventry Council care??? Try putting the letters 'N' and 'O' together Blob and see what you get. The University of Warwick used to be so well organised until about 5 years ago, in all aspects of student relations, traffic management and local community activities - now they don't seem to give a toss with a capital 'T' - they are now even proposing to charge for car parking in the evenings and at weekends which will totally annihilate all the local amateur clubs, palate classes, OAP activities … so thanks Warwick University, you keep attracting the fee paying Chinese to the campus and sod to the locals. Abdicate any commitment to the young under privileged and the senior citizens - the first group won't manage to get to University, so they don't matter and the latter group are passed it anyway, so they can go pee in the wind.
          By am I glad its Monday Blog. At least that nice Mr Johnson gave us all an extra hour in bed and the lovely Conservatives didn't charge us a penny - Warwick University take note.
                               Bye Bloggie

No comments:

Post a Comment