Wednesday 9 October 2019

                               What really gets on my tits
Photograph no:- 203

Where is this?? When was this?? Who is this - the race walker?? What race is this and how far??

Dear Blog,
                Some things really irritate. Not necessary important things. Things just grate. I need to get a life????
               As part of my two research projects, I sometimes browes e-bay. Those items which give wrong information  about the sale item really get on my tits. Blog, I kid you not. Pathetic I know, but when my irritation over flows I get in touch with the seller to point out the mistake. Is this Sad?. I do need to get a life???? A case in point is the photograph above. The original seller claimed it was a race passing in front of the gates of Lund Park in Ingrow, Keighley. Total Rubbish with a capital 'R'. I told the seller but he / she was unconcerned about the inaccuracy.
Several months later, the buyer advertised the photograph as a race passing through Keighley. Total Rubbish with a capital 'R'. I told the seller but she / he was unconcerned about the inaccuracy.

The reason for their mistake was the note on the back which told 'of the Frenchies coming to Keighley' and the assumption was made that the postcard also related to Keighley. In actual fact, the comment related to a unique event, the first time ever such event had taken place, quite important in social history terms!!!
I of course know where the event took place, certainly NOT Keighley with a capital 'N'. The race itself was quite important in athletic history, but I will tell you all about that some time in the future Blob.
                             Do you know where it is, who it is, when it was, Blog????

                                                                           Colin


No comments:

Post a Comment