Tuesday 24 May 2011

May I just suggest ... ???

Dear Blog,

What are you doing now that the marathon thing is gone? May I be bold enough to suggest that you try a Tour??? I told you about the ‘marathon’ I organised to celebrate the 100th anniversary of England’s first marathon, run from Coventry. Well that was a tour; classically a tour is run over the marathon distance. I won’t bore you now, but if you are interested I will give you the info tomorrow. The Tour is good for training … organised for you with other like minded trudgers. Something to look forward to???

While I was preparing to think about my marathon trudge, my daughter, Myshola, was worried about me so invoked a spirit to look over me. As you know, I am in Coventry Godiva Harriers, one of the oldest clubs in the world (see our web site). So successful was her charm that the lads have adopted the incantation to inspire them. You see them all, standing in a closed circle before each race, heads bowed, chanting the inspiring verse:-

Our Godiva who art in Heaven

Hallowed be your Track

Your Kingdom come

Your athletics will be done

On Earth as it is in the Olympics.

Give us today our training for tomorrow.

 Forgive us our injuries

As we forgive those who gave us them

Lead us not into another sport

But Deliver us more training

For the Track, the Trainers and the Glory to Run

Are Yours

Now and for many miles

Amen.



The donations still come in for Tiny Tims Children’s Centre and Newlife, believe it or not. I hope to get everything wrapped up in a week or so. Details and thanks to follow.

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment