Wednesday 4 May 2011

Think of a number

OK, OK, OK, dear Blog, I can’t count. I did do a few sums at university, but I’ve never been much good at arithmetic!!! 18s come and go, so do 20s, but what value for money!!? At no extra cost you get three extra photos thrown in. If you are really, really, really interested in a few numbers, dear Blog, I do have a number that I don’t know what to do with! It’s a lovely four digit number which flows gently from a simple pattern which is so beautiful. BUT I am unable to confirm whether it is unique because my computer and certainly my calculator, cannot cope with the simple long calculations involved. The program I’ve tried to write, keeps crashing because that bit is complicated!! Perhaps Stewart or de Sautoy would be interested, do you think??? 22 seems to be the exception that proves my rule by the way, so it will be interesting to see what Photo no. 22 brings!! Yes I know 22 has only two digits but you have to start small and build up, you know full well that you can’t trudge before you can walk ... although two weeks ago, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 miles, and those last bloody 385 yards, there was little to distinguish between the two!!!!!!!!!!!! I must confess that the only reason I didn’t walk on the 17th, was because I was still passing the walkers even at my pedestrian speed ... much to my amazement! What is so wonderful about my number is that you cannot make a mistake in the calculation .. well, if you do, the calculation self corrects, so you don’t know you have made a mistake anyway!!! Howsaboutthat??? My sort of sums, any day!! And you don’t have to count more than nine!!! Howsaboutthat??? My sort of sums, any day!! Can you patent a number??? There’s a question for you. Anyhow. Full theory can be obtained on receipt of a cheque for £5 made out to either TINY TIMS CHILDREN’S CENTRE or NEWLIFE. I suppose I could give the charities the patent so it will earn them a few bobs every time someone tries to use it. Brilliant! It would be a bit of a bugger if someone else has discovered my number already, but a wide ranging search of the inter thing has proved negative. So there you have it. You Blog are the first to know about it. Don’t gos, or I won’t blog you again Blog. I suppose instead of a Photograph Quiz, I could have a Number Quiz for a change? No we couldn’t cos I can’t count!
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment