Monday 4 March 2013

..... digging a hole, hole in the road ......

Dear Blog,
                Welcome to my crazy world. Am I alone in this world, I ask myself? Am I the only one who doesn’t make sense? If I scream will the local council do something, come to my aid? – one thing is certain, they will only do half a job. This morning bright and breezy, I am off for a trudge up the hill and over the dale so to speak. Leaving the estate by the tradesman’s entrance, two jobsworths sharing a can of red spray were finding holes in the road to spray the red paint around. This according to licky weeks is a prerequisite for the council to dispatch a tar lorry to fill in the holes with which had red paint sprayed around. Now here is a tale … look back at previous correspondence between the two of us Blog and you will find several rants from me about the council making two jobsworth walk round the Coventry Half Marathon course (held annually in October) finding holes which may or may not offer a health and safety hazard to all the Coventry Half Marathon joggers and then red can spray any holes they find. Last October for example, they sprayed a small hole at the bottom of my estate driveway where it meets the Lane; a small hole but insignificant in the scales of holes. Anyways, this hole was sprayed but tar lorry never managed to reach the hole in the Lane at the junction of the Estate driveway and the Lane, ran short of tar no doubt. Anyway, as I related in a subsequent letter to you, the hole grew and grew and grew. Now it is a mega hole with related holes at the nearby drain, and in two in the middle of the Lane with fourteen more within fifty yards (forty eight metres to you Blog) of my gate as well as a most dangerous landslip from the road into the ditch, which is hidden  by bushes from the oncoming traffic. (a Mega recipe for a serious disaster. Make a note of the date Blog, I bet you many quids that within six months a car will be in the ditch and I will give my winnings to the charity for disable children, Tiny Tims Children’s Centre). Of all these holes, a mere six, SIX!!! have been red spray painted as I observed on my return from the trudge. Am I alone in this world? Am I the only one who doesn’t make sense? If I scream will the local council do something???? The holes they have not painted are so bad that within two months they will pose a serious danger to joggers and traffic ….. surely it would be far more financial efficient to mend all the holes NOW…?
         I heard on the News report on the radio yesterday Phil Ham Ond, the Defensible Secretary in that nice Mr Cameroooons cabinet, that money should be taken from the Welfare Department in the up and coming Budget and given to the Military!!!! My family always gather for a Sunday meal in the evening at the Manse, so after yesterday’s meal I had a word with my seven year old disabled grandson to find out what he thought about the proposal. He said that with the country’s fiscal deficit being so bad and the failure of quantative easing he thought it only fair that I put his wheelchair up for sale in the small ads of the local paper and give the proceeds to Phillep Ammunition for a few wreaths for the families of soldiers killed fighting for some worthless cause in some far off part of the globe. He said he didn’t might not being able to get about ever again if it saved Mr Hammond's job in the next government reshuffle. Bless.
          In my last letter to you Blog, I mentioned that we called in at God’s Own County to see my sister on the way back home to Coventry from Sunderland where the National Cross Country Championships were held. We stayed with her and my brother-in–law overnight. My sister has a rather quaint heavy metal door stop to the kitchen door. My daughter stubbed her toe rather badly on said door stop and feared that she had broken her toe. The doctor advised that she strapped the damaged toe with Elastoplast to another toe as nothing else could be done if she wanted to continue with her running. Since seeing the doctor, every time she tries to run she falls over. Every single time, over she goes, a*** over t**. The doctor should have taken the time to tell her that the toes to be bound together should be on the same foot!!
                                            Colin


No comments:

Post a Comment