Wednesday 13 March 2013

What a difference a year makes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‘What a difference a year makes’ Most people using that quote, Blog, refer to past events like l might comment that a year ago everyone was sweating in the strange unseasonable hot March weather we were experiencing in this country and I was unable to trudge because I was in agony with a bad back; the back being so bad that I could hardly move that I had to sleep for a couple of months downstairs in a chair. Every time I tried to lay flat on my back I screamed out in pain  … and then would be unable to get up off the floor. What a difference a year makes. The weather is freezing again this morning with snow, as I write to you Blog, blanketing down. Blog I kid you not. And my trudging is unbelievably of the highest quality???
‘What a difference a year makes’. Up until two days ago, I had meticulously planned my summer holidays in God’s Own County, booking up a little cottage on the Dales and carefully planning which road side layby I would use to watch the Peloton of the Tour de France flash by on the Bradford Stage One, and the Leeds Stage Two. Careful planning for maximum enjoyment. Careful planning for a pleasant place to Bar-b-q in the convivial company of like-minded people while taking in the breathtaking scenery waiting for the Tour to arrive.
‘What a difference a year makes’. Two days ago, a friend told me that the Tour takes place in England in 2014 and NOT 2013. Blog, I was totally shattered. All the effort. All the planning    ……….. Blog, do you know anyone who wants to hire a little cottage in the Dales in July? And it comes with the recommendation of some pleasant laybys nearby, at no extra cost.
                                 Colin
P.S. Spent yesterday evening doing a session of repitions in one of my ‘lighted’ grass stretches where interval work can be done because of the illumination of the street lighting; there are plenty of convenient areas like this around so I cannot for the like of me understand why athletes have to train in the winter months on a hard unforgiving track and worse, an even harder unforgiving road. Bit of lateral thinking needed from the coaches??? And I still haven’t seen the blessed comet. No comet – no comment.   

No comments:

Post a Comment