Friday 8 April 2011

BETRAYAL, TREACHERY.

Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife, two local charities for disable children.      Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife, two local charities for disable children.     Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife, two local charities for disable children.    Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife, two local charities for disable children.   

Photograph Quiz:
Photo no. 15:- ‘Manchester University Relays, but who is my Durham University team mate, also a Godiva Harrier? Make sure you don’t see double!’

Dear, as in costly, Blog; Dear, as in what a waste of space, Blog; Dear, as in dear me I wish I hadn’t bothered with this symbiotic relationship because you have taken me for a monkey’s uncle, Blog,
   When you asked to become my friend , way back in January, I believed that you genuinely wanted to help me raise money for my two charities for disabled children Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife. Now I find from a mutual friend that you are running in the London Marathon. You never told me that. Not a mention. Not a dickie bird. Not a tweet. Not a twitter. You have taken advantage of my good nature. You have used my ideas, my tips, my expertise to enhance your own athletic prowess and complete the marathon faster than me. Well I’ll tell you this, matie boy. I am not going to give up without a fight. You think you are going to finish in front of me? Think again! To beat me you will have to be at your extra special best; on top of your cylinder – firing on all games.
   It will be the Landy versus Bannister battle all over again. Which of us will be looking over our shoulder coming down the Mall?
   It will be the Chatterway versus Kuts battle all over again. Which of us will be standing for Parliament trudging down the Mall and who will be joining the KGB?
    It will be Wilson versus Alf Tupper all over again. Which of us will be looking dandy and who will be having a beano as we race down the Mall?
    It will be the Ben Johnson versus Carl Lewis set too all over again. Which of us will be injecting a little pace coming down the Mall?  Both of us?
   It will be an Ovett versus Coe battle all over again. Which of us will be waving to the crowd sprinting  down the Mall?
   It will be like Marks & Engels arguing about where to open their next High Street store.
And, oh course the very worst part of your two faced treachery, is that, if you had been honest back in our first face thing back in January, you could have run by yourself, no problem. I’m not so masochistic that I want to spread self inflicted pain over four hours. No objection from me. Au contraire M. Blog. I needn’t have got up for the last 103 days. I needn’t have spent £75 on a pair of new trainers. I could have saved the 53p I have spent on electricity blogging you, Blog. I could have stayed by the warm log fire in January instead of freezing my whatsits off in the sub zero temperatures outside. I needn’t have bothered with this ‘ere trudging lark at all. That’s what really hurts, the trudging, the deception,  the pain, the suffering, the TV programmes I’ve missed.
You haven’t heard the last of this, Blogs. Be warned.
                              From a less than happy trudger.
Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife, two local charities for disable children.    Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife, two local charities for disable children.     Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife, two local charities for disable children.    Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife, two local charities for disable children.   

No comments:

Post a Comment