Sunday 10 April 2011

Now cometh the hour

Photograph Quiz:
Photo no. 16:- How many days did it take the family to cycle from Coventry to Oxford, camping on the way, raising funds for charity for disabled children. My disabled grandson is in the covered wagon attached to the back of his dad's bike!!
OK Blog,
              I accept – we are friends once more. I’m happy about your suggestion that we run together but I am not too keen on the suggestion that we run dressed as a horse – or a donkey. You seem to think that I would be happy to be the rear half. That means that you would beat me??  Had you thought of that? A subtle ploy on your part, I ask myself? My suggestion is that I run as Spiderman and you be my side kick Robin! If you’re not keen then I will just do it my way. I’ll run as me! After all we are now in the final week. Tapering. Today I went for an easy run around the University of Warwick grounds. For those not in the know, the University of Warwick is in Coventry, not Warwick which is about 10 miles away. What confusion this has caused over the years and still does. Hardly surprising. Lets visit the London Pavilion in Brighton. Or watch a game of cricket at Lourdes.At last week’s conference on Endurance Running at the University of Warwick, two of the delegate speakers booked their hotel in Warwick! What was worse was that they thought they could go out on the town. In Warwick? Have you ever been to Warwick? Anyway back to the trudge around the grounds It was very much a case of déjà vu. England Athletics is building a ‘jog trail’ around the campus with exercise stations every now and again. Looks good. Before they spent their money, I wonder if anyone had told them that exactly the same thing happened in the jogging boom times of the early 80s. Out of commission for eight months of the year because of the weather, within a couple of years, each station had fallen into a state of disrepair until the trail was finally abandoned. Each station had three degrees of difficulty for the exercise; you were either a tortoise, a rabbit or a hare depending on how good you were. Perhaps too many tortoises felt insulted and hibernated to the local gyms? In the brave new world of post Olympic legacy funding, when money will dry up, what locally will suffer?? Sorry to be so glum, Blog, but don’t you start to get depressed before a marathon. I do because I don’t know what I’m doing.......
At least I know that I am raising funds for Tiny Tim’s Children’s Centre and Newlife. (£1 per guess at my finishing time, remember) Trudge.
SIX QUID DAYS LEFT

No comments:

Post a Comment